Let me start by saying, I am thankful I have not had hospital stays that were lengthy or for anything life threatening- my heart and prayers go out to those who do.
But... I love staying in the hospital.
It has all the comforts of a vacation stay for me.
1. An adjustable bed- My bed at home is comfortable and big, but the bed at the hospital adjust while I press the buttons on the remote and I can get it just right. And I sleep in it alone!
3. I have a bathroom just steps from my bed- No more long walks to the shower or to go potty- it's all right there. And usually I only have to share it with just one other woman, if I even have a roommate. No kids open the door on me either!
5. A beautiful huge window- Even if I don't get the window bed, the sunlight pours into the room with practically a whole wall of window.
6. Pajamas- What forgot your PJs? Not a problem, the hospital supplies them! That doesn't happen on real vacation. You forget your PJs- you normally head to walmart.
7. Laundry service- you spilled your drink? Don't worry- they change the sheets for you! They have an endless supply of both the sheets and the pajamas!
8. Phone close by- If I need to make a call, or someone wants to call me or I am not getting good cell reception- there is a phone right next to my bed. Simple and easy.
9. Clean rooms- The room is clean and sanitized before I get there and guess what? I don't have to clean it before I leave. Not true about the last 2 places I visited. and the best of all...
10. The nurses! - all I have to do is press a button (again attached to my bed) and a nurse comes to see what I need. My lunch is late or I need another blanket. Maybe some medicine or a pair of new pajamas. Have questions- she is there. My own personal concierge- or a bunch of them.
So, when I go into the hospital to have our baby girl, don't worry about me- Consider me enjoying life at my own personal resort!
What about you?
Do you like staying at hospitals?