This week, I am loving FlyLady and her book called Sink Reflections.
I picked it up on a whim while signing the kids up for the local library summer reading program. I had heard of the FlyLady and even subscribe to her newsletter though I never open up the email and read it. Did I ever mention that I don't erase emails? Well, I don't. So, if you have emailed me in the last 3 years there is a very good chance I still have the email.
But I digress...
So, the FlyLady seems to have me pegged and her book has some tips that may be common sense for some, but for someone like me, it's like a bible for cleaning.
So, when Gussy gave this week's prompt for inspiration and asked for what we do to "pamper" ourselves, I hadn't a clue of what to tell you about.
Sure, I enjoy a pedicure just as much as the next person, but it's just not what I really would love.
A clean house. An uncluttered house. A house that is visitor ready at all times. That's what I want, to pamper myself.
Then I read the FlyLady's commandments and she even uses the term "pamper", and it clicked. If I was more on top of this house, I would have time to do something nice for myself.
So, today I wanted to share some of her rules and find out what you think.
Do you enjoy cleaning or getting rid of clutter?
I am open to all tips!
FlyLady's Eleven Commandments
1. Keep your sink clean and shiny.
2. Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your lace-up shoes.
3. Do your morning and before bedtime routine everyday.
4. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
5. Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.
6. Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.
7. Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.
8. Do something for yourself everyday, maybe every morning and night.
9. Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.
10. Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.
11. Don’t forget to laugh everyday. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.