I have shared my quest for finding a blog hop for everyday of the week this week and today was supposed to be no different. However, it seems the only blog hops I could find have to do with pets- which I do not have nor do I like. Sorry animal lovers.
So, I have decided to start my own blog hop.
I am always interested in what fellow bloggers are doing to make money from home or outside of the home, how they run their households and how they raise their children. Rather than contact everyone, I figured we could answer some simple questions and help each other out.
Copy and paste the five questions into your own blog and answer them. Then link back to my blog with the linky at the bottom. Check out everyone elses answers to get some new ideas.
1. How do you earn extra money for your family?
2. What is your favorite parenting tip?
3. Any great housecleaning tips?
4. How many kids is the perfect amount for you?
5. If you could take your family anywhere, where would it be?
1. I find that babysitting makes me the most consistent money from home. I would love to make money off of the internet somehow, but this has not happened yet. Babysitting is great because you can do it from your own house and do it on your own schedule. It is sometimes hard to find kids, but I have been blessed by word of mouth. Babysitting sometimes stresses my when my kids are sick and I have to cancel those I am sitting for, but overall has been a good fit for me.
2. My favorite parenting tip is you can change anything at any time, but the longer you wait the harder it is. For example, changing a sleeping pattern in a baby might take you a week, but changing an attitude in a teen might take a lot longer. However, if you are committed to it, you can change anything. My son (preschool age) was constantly coming into our bed in the middle of the night. I kept waking up with an arm or leg in my face. So, when I finally decided to end it, I had to be committed. I got up with him every night and walked him back to his bed. We talked about it for days with him and discouraged him from doing it. Thankfully, his times in our bed are almost non-existent. This was a positive outcome for the sake of the blog hop- I do have stories that have not worked so well that I will save for a better day.
3. Great housecleaning tip- get a family member to help. I am counting on you guys for this one- I need a lot of help in this area.
4. I don't know what the perfect amount is, but I love having 4!!! I never thought we would have this many and it has been wonderful.
5. I would love to go to one of those Beaches resorts on any island for some sun and sand. Not going to happen for a long time, but a girl can dream, can't she?
Have a great Memorial Saturday!!